Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hand to Mouth...

A thought has been coming to my (Ivy) mind a lot as we walk each day. This has been the time in my life when I have been most aware of God´s provision. I can see the daily hand-to-mouth relationship so clearly. It is always there. He provides daily, but somehow the simplicity of this walking lifestyle allows the pilgrim to SEE God provide. Amazing. When I feel as though I cannot go on, an old man comes out and gives each of us an apple and a plum that he picked from the trees in his backyard. Provision. Encouragement. When we walk and walk, and run out of water, a fountain with drinkable water comes at the moment when we are so tired that we can´t stand it. Grace. I see it so clearly. What a blessing. All of the pain in the journey is worth it to see this Love in action.

No comments: