Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Road to Ouarzazate



That is pronounced "whar's it at" and this town, although pretty remote is in a beautiful place. The road from Marrakech was amazing, a tiny little 1 1/2 lane road with busses and donkey carts, deadly dropoffs, etc. It can be closed if it rains or snows too much. I think our bus stopped here, at this wide spot in the road. I bought some peanuts from two young guys named Essam and Ibrahim.

I've posted some pictures of Marrakech and Ouarzazate in the webalbums (link to the right). I liked this part of Morocco a lot.

It's where it at!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Is the wide spot in the road near a straight stretch?

Your beard is scaring me.

Those glazed clay pots that the food is cooked in are called "tangines."

Did you eat at KFC?

Barrett said...

Thank you for including us along the way. Your adventure is beautiful, inspiring, and enriching.